HOW TO EASE THE SYMPTOMS
I have noticed a number of people have been struck down with the Common Cold, including me. Here are some tips to help ease the discomfort.
1. Have hot chicken soup hot water with lemon, or hot tea, the heat will help loosen any mucus in the windpipe, plus it has a comforting effect.
2. Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water, slightly more than you normally would. It also helps to thin out the mucus.
3. Moisturise the air with a vaporiser or humidifier, or use a saline nasal spray.
4. A hot toddy before bedtime with help you sleep – whiskey, lemon, honey, ginger, cinnamon and cloves, mixed with hot water.
5. Wrap up warm with the appropriate layers of clothing and remember to take plenty of tissues, you don’t want to be sneezing over everyone and passing the cold on to others!
SNIFFLE SNIFFLE! I’m off to get my tissues!