SO WHAT IS BAGOT STACK?
Bagot Stack is part dance, part exercise to energise and strengthen the whole body and is taught through The Fitness League (formerly known as The Women’s League of Health & Beauty). This unique system which is based on yoga, remedial health exercises and movement, offers a complete approach to body fitness and mobility. The focus is on strengthening abdominal muscles to achieve ‘central control’ which provides the basis of good posture from which all movement can be performed safely and effectively.
The technique has proved its worth over many years adapting successfully to the ever-changing fitness world. The classes take place in a sociable and enjoyable environment and provide a network of friendship throughout the UK and abroad.
Bagot Stack classes can be found Nationwide and are based on the methods and principles developed by Mary Bagot Stack in the 1930s, which today’s teachers use to devise effective, powerful and safe exercises. These methods have stood the test of time and guarantee that you will improve your posture, mobility, muscle strength and stamina.
The focus is on:
1. good posture and core stability – you’ll stand and move more freely, not only in the class, but in everyday life. Your daily activities will be easier, with less strain on joints and ligaments and you will walk taller!
2. mobilising joints, flexibility and building strength, not bulk, in the muscles, even exercising hands and feet
3. co-ordination – the exercises train the brain as well as the body!
4. relaxation of mind and body
5. breathing – correct breathing improves your whole sense of well-being
6. music – all exercises are done to different types of music (all types from classical to modern) – and it lifts the spirit!
7. movement that is suitable for all levels and abilities – you can work at your own pace, and move on to more advanced work when you are ready
Fitness League, a well-established nationwide exercise network, supported by Sport England, is a founder partner of the Exercise Movement and Dance Partnership. Its teachers throughout the UK deliver classes teaching Bagot Stack, designed to improve posture and well-being through central control (core stability) and rhythmic exercise to music, releasing the body’s potential for good health.
To find a class near you, click on the following link, just insert Postcode and Fitness League!