IF IT’S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE QUEEN BEE…..
I have been training for the Marathon for over a year and I have followed the ‘runner’s diet’ of carbs (pasta) before a race, then protein to rebuild the muscles after a race. I have taken a multi-vitamin daily and a Vitamn C supplement to ward off any cold symptoms.
All has been going very well, until I started my longer runs over 10 miles. I started to feel tired, couldn’t run as far and knew I needed an energy boost. I remembered that when I lived in Italy in the 70’s if anyone was feeling under par, they always recommended taking Royal Jelly.
Royal jelly, a secretion of worker bees, is the same substance that is fed to all larvae in a colony. When a bee colony needs a new queen bee, a small group of larvae are fed large quantities of royal jelly, and that change in feeding prompts the development of those larvae into queen bees. Recent research has revealed a number of health benefits of royal jelly.
1. It can help the body protect itself against cancer by inhibiting the blood flow to the tumour.
2. It can help protect the kidneys against oxidative damage.
3. Insulin resistance and Blood pressure improved.
4. Cholesterol can be lowered improving the heart condition.
5. Can help with menopausal symptoms.
6. Improves energy levels.
So after taking one capsule of good quality, Royal Jelly, every day for two weeks, my running energy levels are back on track!
Whoo hoo I’m off for another run!