WHAT DEFINES WELLBEING?
This word is used quite a lot these days as an ‘all inclusive’ way of describing our lot. However when you actually think about what Wellbeing means, in short it describes our state of health, happiness and welfare.
To achieve OPTIMUM wellbeing there are five areas that we should try to keep in balance.
1. Physical – we should be in good physical shape to feel well and healthy, which helps give us a positive mental attitude and deal with day to day stresses.
2. Social – we should not isolate ourselves but have a circle of family and good friends around us for support and social activities.
3. Environment – we should understand the part we play in the environment as it is a basic foundation of our wellbeing. Awareness of how we affect the environment and how it affects us, is very important.
4. Economic – gaining an education or training in a particular skill, enables us to work and helps provide a positive attitude to learning and emotional intelligence.
5. Psychological – we need to accept and value who we are. Coping with life can be difficult, so we must care for ourselves and not punish ourselves if we don’t reach certain goals.
Eat well, sleep well, exercise and enjoy life.
It may sound like a simple solution but unfortunately life is not that easy. Breaking it down into the five key areas, which need to be in balance helps us define what we need to work on, or change, to improve our WELLBEING.