Nordic Walking is much more than just walking with poles!
What exactly is it?
Nordic Walking is an enhancement of ordinary walking – making something most of us do every day – twice as effective!
Nordic Walking uses poles to in order to add two major benefits to walking – use of the upper body and in particular the arms, plus the poles help to propel the walker along – this means he/she works harder than usual yet the support given by the poles makes it feel easier!
The great thing about Nordic Walking is you can start at any age and no previous experience is required.
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Great for the Heart and Lungs
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
- Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster then normal without feeling the effort.
- It is one of the most effective cross training techniques for athletes and sportspeople who require ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
Nordic walking is also an opportunity to have fun with friends, by walking regularly with a group in your local park or on the beach. You can find a class near you by searching….
You can also go on a Nordic Walking trip and see the most amazing sights, whilst keeping fit!!
Give it a try, think of all that fresh air!