As we get older, we start to slow down a little and so does our metabolism. Weight gain will sometimes follow! There are simple steps we can take to counteract these effects:
1. Stay active – a mixture of aerobic and resistance training is ideal, at least 30 minutes each day. Be more active throughout the day, get up and move at least once each hour.
2. Drink green tea, there is evidence that it contains anti-oxidants and will help eliminate toxins and speed up metabolism.
3. Extreme heat and cold will help expend calories, so a sauna and cold shower will help.
4. Eat little and often, grazing is healthier than eating big meals. We use calories to help us digest our food so you will be using more.
5. Spice up your food, chilli raises your metabolism by up to 50% while digesting food!
6. Eat plenty of lean protein, it will help boost your metabolism and you will feel less tired than eating carbs.